Thursday, 25 July 2013

Quinoa with sundried tomatoes, olives & courgette



Last weekend we had a party for my grandmother's 80th birthday. Obviously there was more food than the guests could eat so we were stuck with some leftovers. Most of it we ate the day after, but there were still lots of olives, sundried tomatoes and courgette left. So I decided to use them in a summer dish to enrich the flavour.


What you need:



I never mention how much you need of each ingredient because I don't like to cook with a strict recipe. Just use the amounts you like, maybe you want to add less olives or more quinoa, but that's totally up to you. Be creative and make it your own!


Step 1:
Whilst cooking the quinoa, cut the turkey into small pieces.
Fry the turkey pieces in a frying pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.




Step 2:
Cut the courgette into small cubes, the olives in small rings and the sundried tomatoes into strips.
We had leftovers of two different types of olives: one was with pesto, the other was with garlic. It's good to use flavoured olives so you won't need much to adjust the seasoning.



Step 3:
Fry the courgette and season with oregano (yum, so Italian!).
Add the olives and sundried tomatoes and give it a stir.



Step 4:
When everything is heated, add the quinoa and turkey to the courgette, olives and sundried tomatoes.
Mix thoroughly.



Step 5:
Transfer this mixture into a large baking dish.
Add as many pine nuts on top as you like ...



... and cover with grated cheese.



You probably wonder why this cheese looks so white? Well it's because we always use goat cheese since my sister and I can't tolerate cow's milk that well.

Picture of the side.


Step 6:
Pop your baking dish in the oven and grill till the cheese forms a lovely brown crust. This only takes a couple of minutes!



I didn't know what to expect from this 'leftover-dish', but oh my goodies, it was incredibly yummie!


And for all randomness ...



... as it has been boiling hot these days, my cat likes to hide away in the bushes ... She even sleeps there!




Love,
Sofie

4 comments:

  1. I see a restaurant with 'Little Green Sofie' scrawled across the windows :) This looks so yummy! I bet your cats had their eye on some leftovers too
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet is this comment! Thank you so much! My cat is actually crazy about olives, so yep, she was begging to get some. x

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmm that looks delicious! I love quinoa, so underrated. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! Yes, I really love quinoa. It's so healty and delicious and also super easy to cook with. x

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment!