Friday, 9 August 2013

Avocado salad + feta + walnuts & couscous

If you have been reading my blog lately, you probably know that at this moment I'm staying in a student house until the end of September. Because it is only for two months, I didn't bring too much with me concerning cookware. No pots, no pans, no oil, salt or herbs to cook with ... the only thing I did bring with me is a kettle. Can't live without my cup of tea!

Because I don't like take away or ready-to-eat meals, I still try to make my own dishes ... but without baking or frying anything (because it's just impossible without any equipment, you know). Besides that, my evening dinners need to be ready in a flash because I'm always home late from my internship.
The upcoming weeks I will keep you updated (if I have internet at least!) about my cooking adventures and try to give you some tips about how to make quick and easy dinners that are still healthy and delicious. Such dinners could always come in quite handy, isn't it?

But please bear with me, I still have to learn a lot because I'm not used to be in this situation of making quick, simple and heatless dinners every day of the week (nope, I'm lying, 5 days a week, since I go home in the weekends).

Anyway, on Tuesday I made a simple salad with avocado, feta cheese, walnuts and couscous. A salad filled with many good things.

What you need:




Step 1:
Bring the couscous in a little bowl or mug. Boil some water and pour over the couscous until it’s under water. Let the couscous soak for about 5 minutes and then, your couscous is ready … already!



Maybe it’s not a bad idea to add some salt or other seasonings to the couscous, just to give it some more flavour. I didn't find myself in the right circumstances to do so, because I didn't bring salt, not so clever ...


Step 2:
Take the flesh from the avocado with a spoon.
Cut the avocado, lettuce and feta cheese into pieces. 

 


Step 3:
Mix all ingredients together, add some walnuts on top, and you’re finished!

Simple as that! Easy peasy - and very yummy!



I didn’t mix my couscous under the salad because I like eating my pasta or rice or couscous or whatever just like that. Of course you can add the couscous to your salad, if you wish, don't hesitate, just eat it as you prefer!



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
VARIATIONS
Add some raisins or honey for a touch of sweetness
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I don’t know why, but lately I’m very into avocado. Never liked it that much, I always found that avocado had sort of a stale taste. But last week, I suddenly got a craving feeling for avocado, just like that, out of nowhere. And since I have eaten it last week, I just can’t get enough of it! And in addition, it’s super healthy!

Do you like avocado too or have you also developed a sudden love for a specific food?

It was yet another week without internet at my student house, so here I am, back home, reading all the blogposts I've missed during the week and getting my social life back on track.
Thank you for keeping reading and commenting on my blog, I am so grateful for that, I can't thank you enough!


Love,
Sofie

4 comments:

  1. This looks so tasty I really wanna try it!
    Aims
    Xoxo
    http://littlelotusblossom28.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/st-moriz-spray-tan.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aimee! Let me know if you do! x

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment!