Friday, 1 November 2013

Sandwich spread: Nuts & Dried fruit



My dad once made a sandwich spread of nuts and dried fruit. I still remember I found it super tasty, but it's already been several years since he made it. So last week, I decided to try it myself and make my own nutty sandwich spread. I must say, it turned out very well! This spread is super easy to make and requires only nuts and dried fruits (and some nut oil if you wish, for smoothing it up a little).


What you need:



I used:
- Nuts          * 20 g of almonds
                * 20 g cashew nuts
                * 20 g hazelnuts
                * 10 g pumpkin seeds
                * 10 g sunflower seeds
- Dried fruit   * 40 g raisins
                * 40 g dried apricots 
- Optionally: walnut oil (I used 2 teaspoons)

If you would like to make more, the proportion is always 1/2 nuts, 1/2 dried fruit.


Step 1:
Soak the nuts for about 1 hour in water.



Step 2:
After one hour, pat dry the soaked nuts using a paper towel.



Step 3:
Blend the nuts and dried fruit into a paste.



Optionally: add some nut oil for a smoother result (I added 2 teaspoons of walnut oil).



And that's it!!




Super healthy, extremely delicious and super easy to make! Enjoy!


Love,
Sofie

7 comments:

  1. hi sofie what lovely food you made, to me, i simply just ate it as snack without bothering to blend it!
    haha

    hope you can join my FIRST ever giveaway from Oasap
    http://www.fatiguechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks yummy! Maybe I'll try to make it in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks extremely delicious! Thanks for visiting my blog dear, I'm your newest follower :)
    I recently joined Instagram and hope we can connect there too :)

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this! It looks so delish! I want to try making it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah this looks absolutely amazing! I'm trying to start eating a little bit healthier and I'm sure adding this to my recipe book (ahem, internet bookmarks)

    hayfa
    http://www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog, you can enter right here if you like: http://fashionyfab.blogspot.mx/2013/10/etsy-shop-lady-gatsby-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!