Monday, 13 January 2014

Fruity smoothie: Raspberries banana & almond milk



I started the year off with this healthy New Year's smoothie. After this first smoothie trial - which I might say turned out great - I really wanted to incorporate more smoothies into my life.

On Sundays we always have a full breakfast with scrambled eggs, freshly oven-baked buns and peanut butter (for me anyway ... there's no breakfast complete without peanut butter!)

Because on Sundays we always sleep a little longer (till 8:00), we also have breakfast a little later than the rest of the week. This means that at lunchtime we don't have lunch (boo!). But because I'm not that kind of person who can function 8 hours without food, I always like to eat something healthy in between to keep myself going.

Another thing is, that on Sundays I always like to go for a run. Three hours after breakfast is the perfect timing. And since a workout is always accompanied with a healthy post-workout snack, from now on a smoothie on Sunday it is!



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(5 glasses)

2 bananas
1 orange
1 small apple
10 frozen raspberries
300 ml almond milk

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Peel the orange and the bananas. Cut everything into pieces and put all together in a blender. Blend blend blend. Done!



What I like to do - just because I love nuts and seeds that much - is to top my smoothie with some flax seeds and pumpkin seeds. Heaven in a glass!



This smoothie was definitely a winner at my house :)

What do you think? Any suggestions for my Sunday smoothies? They are much appreciated!


Love,

20 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious and pretty! I really need to start making things like this to be healthier :) What camera do you use? I'm looking for a camera (saving for one) and your photos are really good quality! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you, Lauren! So many sweet compliments! You're too kind.
      The camera I use is the Canon EOS 1100d. I bought it just a few weeks ago and am very very pleased with it! It's a great DSLR camera for beginners like myself. x

      Delete
  2. My mouth literally watered looking at the last photo, it's so pretty! My mom is a huge smoothie nut, so maybe I can persuade her to make me this haha ;)

    xo marlen

    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My parents and my sister hardly ever eat fruit. But when I'm making smoothies, they all want to taste! Fortunately there's always enough. (Ever tried making smoothie for one? It's impossible!) x

      Delete
  3. Your Sunday breakfast sounds amazing. As does this smoothie! I've been trying to do more smoothie type things for desserts and will definitely be trying this out!

    XOXO
    -Becca || Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so delicious...

    I follow you on Bloglovin and GFC.Would love if you follow back on FB,Bloglovin and GFC

    http://www.i-am-girly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks yummy ! i need to start making your healthy treats :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love anything with raspberries in, I make a smoothie every morning before heading out and it really does start your day off the right way. My personal fave is a super thick banana, raspberry, and mango one made with orange juice and some natural yogurt and honey.. it's like a dessert! x

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  7. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Follow the link to accept and answer your 11 questions :)
    http://basicallykellyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this seems yummy and healthy.sure gonna try that. Thanks for sharing
    Following your bog now.
    http://wemakeupblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sofie, I'm officially making a mental note of never visiting your blog again without having a full stomach because this is like the hundredth time that I've started (mentally) drooling at your concoctions! *-*

    Hayfa
    www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thank you very much! :)

      Delete
  10. Hey lovely, just came across your blog and it's great - gorgeous pictures here!

    I'm your newest follower and looking forward to your next post! :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. that looks so delicious!

    http://passionblogi.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so yummy! My favorite is mango+banana+oranges. And the almond milk is a great choice as well :)

    http://katieskite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks soooo delicious! My dad doesn't let me make smoothies because he says they're too expensive because of all the fruit :( Almond milk is a new found obsession of mine, I love it! My favourite smoothie has to be mango and passion fruit or mango and banana, yum! :) Rachel x

    Pillar-box Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS- Your pics look amazing! X

      Delete
    2. Ooh, thank you very much, Rachel!
      I know, I thought that making smoothies just for myself would be very expensive and quite hard because for one you'll need just 1/2 or 1/4th of the fruits you want to use. That's why I suggested my parents and my sister to make a smoothie just once a week, but for everyone (ehem, 2 glasses for me and 1 for them, haha). So I think that making just one smoothie a week for everyone is a good compromise between being able to make smoothies and the money you have to spend on a weekly basis for the extra fruit and vegetables you need :)
      Thank you for your overdose on compliments! x

      Delete
    3. I might have to suggest it to my family!! ;-) x

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comment!