Wednesday, 1 January 2014

New Year's drink: Coconut banana carrot smoothie



Happy 2014 everyone! I hope you've had a magical night!

Today, I decided to start the year with a healthy bang by making myself (and my sister and my parents) a smoothie filled with lots of good stuff. As much as I love smoothies (I'm literally obsessed by them), I've never made my own. So, a new year, a new start ... well, you all know how it goes. And so, here it is ... my first smoothie ever :)



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(5 glasses)

2 bananas
1 orange
1 pear
1 kiwi
1 carrot
200 ml coconut milk
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Peel the carrot, the orange, bananas and kiwi. Cut everything into pieces and put all together in a blender. Blend blend blend. Done!



I have to say, the smoothie made like this is quite thick. So if you prefer your smoothie more liquid, just add more coconut milk. That's what my tasting panel said after all. I thought the consistency was pretty good!



Now I've made my first smoothie ever, there will probably appear more on my blog soon! Yay! 

Do you like smoothies? What's your favourite smoothie?


Love,
Sofie

10 comments:

  1. That sounds so healthy and yummy, MUST try that as soon as the shops open so I can go and stock up on food :o). Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious, and yes very healthy! I would try that smoothie, but drop the coconut milk as I can't stand the taste.
    As your first smoothie, that looks perfect. Starting the year off right :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lots of vitamins! Gonna try it for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://thatcurlydesigner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds so good, I make smoothies all the time but have never put coconut into them, sounds yummy!
    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks delicious and healthy! Thanks for the recipe, you help me starting the year in a good way (full of vitamines ;))

    I'm writing a blog about my life, about travelling, reading and writing and about Spain where I currently live, it would be awesome if you could go have a look at it and leave me your opinion. Thanks and happy New Year!
    http://journeyofalonelybird.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Very healthy.

    E, x

    http://loveisrealbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!