Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Going red: Pomegranate & blood orange smoothie



Aah, finally, the first smoothie pictures I could take outside!

It was such a lovely sunny day last Sunday. So after a great walk in nature (and after spotting the first crocuses) it was time for a refreshing smoothie.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(4 glasses)

1 pomegranate
2 blood oranges

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Peel the blood oranges. Take all the seeds from the pomegranate. Put all together in a blender. Blend blend blend. Done! Super simple!



Concerning the pomegranate, here's a little bit of advice from me to you:
We only want the juice from the edible red-diamond-like flesh, but these also contain white hard seeds inside of them. So maybe it's better that you first blend the pomegranate seperately and subsequently strain the juice through a fine strainer. I didn't do that and so my smoothie contained many small hard white pieces. That wasn't so pleasant.



The taste of this smoothie was very delicious nonetheless! I really like pomegranate, it's such a gorgeous fruit and it tastes divine! As for blood oranges, they taste a little sweeter than regular oranges. Oh so yummy!



Do you like pomegranate? Have you ever tried it in a smoothie?


Love,

19 comments:

  1. I love pomegranate - and this looks so lovely and colorful. I get energized just looking at it :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks healthy and yummy! I love pomegranate too. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for the follow, following back on GFC #97
      xox
      Lenya

      Delete
  3. This looks so healthy and great! I love pomegranate! Would you like to follow each other? Let me know on my blog and I'll follow back!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment and for following! Just followed back! :)

      Allthingsglitterandbeauty

      Delete
  4. I've never tried pomegranate but it looks delicious- I've heard so much about it recently! Rachel x

    Pillar-box Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the lovely comment, now following you back ...cant wait to see your awesome posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I've never had pomegranate in a smoothie, or any drink for that matter, and I feel like I've been missing out my whole life. I neeeeeed to try this recipe!
    xo, Sarah Holt

    xosarahholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh gosh, these bright smoothies are making me wish that summer would hurry up and come quick -- then i can switch out my tea for something more colorful and filling :) such pretty pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm def trying this next time I make a smoothie. I've never tried this combo before.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    Fashion: http://www.purrpleivy.com/
    Health and Fitness: http://purrple-ivy-fitness.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love pomegranate but haven't tried the smoothie ever.. this looks delicious.. would give this a try :)
    You have a lovely blog!
    Would you be interested in following each other via GFC, Youtube, bloglovin, twitter & G+
    If yes. Just follow me, let me know so that i could follow you back
    Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks really beautiful! I love pomegranates very much, but prefer eating them as is. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. it look so yummy and it's so easy! i'm definitely gonna try it sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sofie, you are the smoothie queen! This sounds so good!

    XOXO
    Becca | <a href="http://ladyfaceblog.blogspot.com>Ladyface Blog</a>

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love pomegranates :) Tomorrow is my day to try this :) thanks doll !! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey beauty ,nice blog :) would you like if we follow each other on gfc and blog? let me know what do you think ? Regards from Bosnia ♥
    http://obsessionwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This smoothie sounds amazing! I've never liked drinking smoothies, but I might just have to try this one :)
    http://the-little-fox-den.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!