Thursday, 6 February 2014

Homemade granola with dried figs!



Oh my goodness! There's nothing I like more than nuts, dried fruits and cereals. Although, fresh fruits and vegetables come pretty close. Everyone who knows me knows that I'm nuts about nuts! Yep, it's official. No need for me to say that this granola to me is heaven.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:

250 g rolled oats
100 g almonds, roughly chopped
40 g pumpkin seeds
25 g sunflower seeds
200 g dried figs, diced
4 tbsp flax seed
60 g coconut oil
4 tbsp honey
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Of course you could also use other nuts, seeds and dried fruits like cashews, hazelnuts, walnuts, raisins, dried cranberries, dates, shredded coconut ... The choices are endless!



Step 1:
Preheat the oven to 180°.

Step 2:
Take a large bowl and add the rolled oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Mix it all together.
Place the coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan on a low heat and gently melt them together. When melted, pour over the oats and nuts and stir ensuring all dry ingredients are coated.

Step 3:
Pour this mixture onto a baking tray and pop this in the oven (180°) for about 25 minutes until golden brown. Make sure that you stir the mixture every now and then to get a nice, even, and golden brown colour. Mmm ...

Step 4:
When your granola has become golden brown, remove from the oven and leave it to cool. Don't transfer your granola to jars yet as the condensation on the cooling granola might make it go soggy.

Step 5:
When it's cool, add the flax seeds and your dried figs.
And then you're done!



Pour your granola into an airtight container. This way you can keep it at room temperature for up to two months!

And here is another cheesy picture of me and my granola. This certainly is TRUE LOVE :)



Do you love granola? Are you going to try this at home(Please do!)


Love,
Sofie

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Woah, thank you very much (for both of your lovely comments)!

      Delete
  2. will def try this because it looks so yummy!

    sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg yummy !! i love anything that has granola in it lol .... will try it for sure :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so yummy! I have actually never tried making my own granola before, but I think I might have to start after this! :)

    SimpleSilverLinings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sofie!
    Just wanted to say thanks for your comment on my granola post :D I have replied over on the same post but I thought I'd comment on here too because your recipe looks great. I'm nearly all out of my granola so I might try your recipe out on the weekend :D
    N xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy yum! This looks delicious! Have you ever tried cooking anything with Almond Milk? I got some the other day to try out but I'm a bit lost as to how to use it!

    x Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erin,
      Thank you very much!
      Yes, I always use almond milk to make oatmeal or pancakes. I also once tried baking waffles with almond milk and rice pudding, and they both turned out very well. You can just substitue cow's milk by almond milk. The only thing is that almond milk has a sweeter taste. So your end result won't taste the same as if you had made it with cow's milk.
      I hope that helped :)

      Delete
  7. I've been making homemade granola for over two years now....so yes, I'm obsessed! Your recipe is quite similar to mine, but I got a bit crazy with the additions. I'm so passionate about how amazing it tastes. I literally eat it every day.

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks absolutely delish! I definitely want to try this out. Thanks for the recipe!

    Kelsey Dina <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely blog dear! Following you now, hope you visit and follow my blog too!♥
    AIMEROSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Muesli and Granola and all of those yummy, healthy things! Will definitely have a go at this, it looks super delicious. x

    Kathryn | effievanity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!