Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Berry-licious smoothie with melon



This week's smoothie is very berry-rich. I love berries in smoothies, they always give me the feeling of a hot summer day.

Last week, my grandmother bought a cavaillon melon and got another one for free. Of course, she can't eat 2 of those biggies by herself! So she kindly gave the other one to us. Since my parents and my sister almost never eat fruit, except for bananas, I saved this big fella for my smoothie :)



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(5 glasses)

1 cavaillon melon (ripe and sweet)
2 small hands of frozen raspberries
2 small hands of frozen blueberries
200 ml almond milk

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Peel the melon and remove the seeds. Cut him into pieces. Put all ingredients together in a blender. Blend blend blend. Done!



I was brave and only added some chia seeds on top instead of all the different nuts and seeds I could possibly find.



This smoothie is perfect for bright and sunny days, or for when you're feeling berry happy, or ... for any day really. Just try it, you'll love it!

Are you a berry fan like me?


Love,
Sofie
Previous smoothie: Exotic smoothie: Pineapple, banana & coconut

9 comments:

  1. Your smoothies always look so good!
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I am a HUGE berry fan! Thanks for sharing, this looks delicious! I've never heard of a cavaillon melon, is it the same as a cantaloupe?

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrm. No idea, I've never heard of a cantaloupe, haha! In Belgium we call it cavaillon. OH YES! It's that same, I looked it up :)

      Delete
  3. Yumm! Those Chia seeds actually look really good on the smoothie! :) What kind of camera do you use for your photo's, Sofie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Allison!
      I use the Canon EOS 1100D. It's my first DSLR camera and it's very user friendly. Perfect for beginners like myself :)

      Delete
  4. I am going to try this recipe one morning and take it to work in a flask. I love smoothies so much in more spring/summer months, so that will definitely be on the agenda for april :)

    Melissa | MELISSA LOVES THIS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really tasty! I've said it before but I think I need to dust my mixer off ;)

    I have nominated you for a Liebster award over at my blog. Hope you'll like it :)

    http://lifeofannas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. berries are my absolute favorite - this makes me anxious for the berries to ripen so i can pick lots and bring um' home for a smoothie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!