Monday, 3 March 2014

Happy smoothie: Beetroot, blood oranges & avocado



A new week, a new smoothie!

Last week I told you I had found my favourite smoothie so far. Well, so far indeed, because I have to admit I like this one even more! Oh, and I also fell in love with its gorgeous dark pink/purple colour!



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:
(5-6 glasses)

2 small beetroots
5 blood oranges
1 avocado
200 ml rice-coconut drink (almond milk or any other vegetable milk will work)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Peel the blood oranges, avocado and beetroots. Cut everything into pieces. Put all ingredients together in a blender. Blend blend blend. Done!
While making this smoothie, my hands and my face (oops) looked completely purple. Thank you beetroot.



You can not deny that this smoothie looks gorgeous. The colour really makes me happy :) And because of the avocado, the consistency was very creamy and smooth. Yuuuum!



This smoothie doesn't only look fabulous, it also tastes incredibly delicious! I really recommend you to try it if you fancy a smoothie one of these days! Oh, and if you do, please let me know, that would mean the world to me!

What do you think? Have you ever tried beetroot in your smoothie?


Love,
Sofie
Previous smoothie: Green smoothie: Spinach, fennel & banana

19 comments:

  1. i love smoothies but never tried this one :) it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never think to combine beetroot, oranges, and avocados to make a smoothie. This looks brilliant... I've never had a smoothie that bright in color. I neeeeed to try this along with every other smoothie recipe you have.

    xo, Sarah Holt
    xosarahholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank you Sarah! This one is reeeeally good! Please let me know if you try one, that would mean the world to me :)

      Delete
  3. Holy smokes! This looks like a nice one! Think I need to use that mixer of mine more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must try this - I love the colour!
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really want a smoothie for breakfast now! The colour of this one is just amazing.
    I had a smoothie from Pret on the weekend but it was £3.99 for a 400ml bottle, ridiculous!! It was very tasty though, with apple, pear, avocado, spinach and cucumber. Very green!
    N xo

    www.whatnaomiwrote.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, smoothies are very expensive when you have to buy them! The one you had on the weekend sounds very tasty indeed! x

      Delete
  6. The beetroot definitely gives it an amazing colour! I love blood oranges too.

    xx opinionslave.com

    PS- I would love for you to enter my $250 Topshop giveaway on Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour, never though of making smoothies with a beetroot though!

    Anna xx
    Cinnamon Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so delicious! The colour is so vibrant and I have this weird thing for bright coloured drinks haha.

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beetroot and avocado in a smoothie? I never would have thought! This color looks amazing though… I'm so impressed with all of your smoothie recipes!

    Allison Katelyn @ http://SimpleSilverLinings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. we don't have a blender in our house haha :D otherwise I'd love to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I've never thought to put avocado in a smoothie, but I bet it must make it dreamily smooth! This sounds amazing. By the way, hadn't you never tried a blood orange before? How do you like them????

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what an incredible memory you have! I tried them once before in one of my other smoothies after reading your post about them :) I really like them, they're a tiny bit sweeter than regular oranges, and they look very pretty as well! x

      Delete
  12. Oh my gooooodness you're so clever! I would never be brave enough to try something like this- I don't know why I think its a mental barrier I have to get over first!

    www.dearyouloveem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! I'm always amazed when strange combinations like this can result in something so good and tasty :)

      Delete
  13. mm.yummmy :)

    http://byfoxygreen.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!