Friday, 21 March 2014

Spring salad with pomegranate & hummus



Today I have a super simple and very yummy salad for you to celebrate the beginning of spring *watches the pouring rain outside (and starts crying)*.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:

A bowl of lambs lettuce (corn salad, field salad, whatever you may call it)
Some semi-sundried tomatoes
Hummus (as much as you like)
A handful of pomegranate seeds
1 tsp of sesame seeds
1 tbsp of almonds
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Preparation:
Clean the lettuce and remove some seeds from the pomegranate. Beware of your clothes and make sure you don't turn the kitchen into a red swimming pool!

Making the salad:
Mix the lettuce with the semi-sundried tomatoes.
Spoon some hummus on top of the salad.
Garnish with sesame seeds, almonds and pomegranate seeds.

That's all!
I'm really wondering why I've made a recipe about this. It's just too simple, isn't it!



I should really recommend you to use organic hummus because I think they are the tastiest. Or you could also make your own of course. That's still something I would really like to try, very soon!

And then after mixing it all together, it looks like this ... 



Mmm, I love salads like this. Especially when there ar nuts in it! I'm nuts about nuts ...

Are you a salad lover? Or do you prefer hot/cooked meals?


Love,
Sofie

11 comments:

  1. This looks really great! Love pomegranate as a touch to a salad. Shall keep that in mind till my salad season starts ;) xx

    http://lifeofannas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh this looks so good...i love fruit in salads, not so keen on the nuts. and you should definitely make your own hummus, i never buy it from the supermarket anymore! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for the liebster blog award! http://birdsofbeauty.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm salad. I've been on a salad kick lately and that definitely looks delish! :)
    Wear It Better

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, this looks like a very tasty salad! Why have I not thought of using hummus in salad before?

    I nominated you for a liebester award on my blog!
    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebester-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is very simple - and yet, I'd never really think of incorporating the pomegranate or almonds! Just genius Sofie ! :)

    Hayfa
    www.londonloafers.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This salad looks divine! Mainly because Pomegranate is my fave fruit of all time!

    I really do heart salad, I tend to eat it a lot more when it's warmer, winter is all about comfort food, ha!

    Halima
    Fashionicide // Fashion, with a difference
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm looks delicious and healthy, ill give it a go!

    hope we can follow each other :D
    __________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    If you’d like, I’ll follow you back :) Bloggers should support each other x

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy and healthy !! i love hummus :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am obsessed with hummus and pomegranates... I have no idea why I haven't thought of combining the two and adding some lettuce! Such a great idea. I can taste it already. Trying this immediately!

    xo, Sarah

    xosarahholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!