Thursday, 6 March 2014

Super crunchy granola with banana & cranberries



One month ago, I made my first ever granola - with dried figs. I was raving about the result and it was hard to keep my hands off. Yes, there were times when I couldn't control myself, but I tried and came out stronger. However, despite all the hard times I've been through, here's the sequel ...

This recipe is inspired by Lieke's recipe which you can find over HERE.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ingredients:

1 banana
1 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp honey
100 g rolled oats
70 g almonds, roughly chopped
30 g pumpkin seeds
30 g sunflower seeds
2 tsp ginger powder
100 g dried cranberries
80 g dried banana chips
4 tbsp flax seed
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Step 1:
Preheat the oven to 125°.

Step 2:
Mash the banana. Add the honey and tahini and mix to form a paste.

Step 3:
Take a large bowl and add the rolled oats, ginger powder, almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Mix it all together and add to the banana-honey-tahini paste. Stir until all dry ingredients are coated.

Step 4:
Pour this mixture onto a baking tray and pop this in the oven (125°) for about 45 minutes until golden brown. Stir the mixture every 15 minutes to make sure it won't get burned!

Step 5:
When your granola has become golden brown, remove from the oven and leave it to cool. Don't transfer your granola to jars yet as the condensation on the cooling granola might make it go soggy.

Step 6:
When it's cool, add the flax seeds, your dried cranberries and banana chips.
Finished!



Pour your granola into an airtight container. This way you can keep it at room temperature for up to two months!

While my granola was in the oven, there was this delicious banana scent that filled up the whole kitchen. And the ginger powder brought me back to a warm and loving Christmas mood ...

Are you also a huge fan of granola like me?


Love,
Sofie

14 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds yummy I love Granola, Thanks for sharing

    Carrieanne x
    beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks AMAZING. Bananas and granola? What's not to love!
    xo, Sarah Holt

    xosarahholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so tasty! I love granola, so I may have to try this!<3

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really nice! I have never tried granola, but I might just have to do that now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! For some reason I've never thought to use banana chips in my granola. Now you've got me dreaming up some amazing tropical flavor with banana chips, coconut, and papaya. Oh man, I love granola. Your recipe sounds delicious!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. mm wow I´´ m hungry now :D

    http://byfoxygreen.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so delicious and healthy! I love the mix of textures in this snack. I'll definitely be trying this out soon! I’d love for us to keep in touch via bloglovin’ or GFC! Let me know on my blog, I’ll be sure to follow back!

    s a r t o r i a l d i n e r

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this looks so yummy! Your blog has been making me way too hungry lately :P Heh, I love it!

    xo
    Dolce
    www.mydailysweet.com
    Check out my blog for a huge $500 giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmm looks deliciously:) I must to have!

    invite to me and if you wanna you follow me;)
    >>>www.redlips-evelinafashion.blogspot.com
    kiss;*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried granola because all the recipes I find always has loads of different nuts in them, and I don't know what to replace it with. But I am definitely going to try this recipe and replace the almonds with some more banana chips!

    Dash of Blue

    ReplyDelete
  11. yammy !! good food !
    Do you wanna follow me ? ---> http://fashionkludi.blogspot.com/
    Kisses <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious! I make my own, too. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love granola or muesli with greek yogurt and fruit! best thing ever!
    Make sure to check out my blog!

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comment!